Frequently Asked Questions
* If you have questions about the competition, questions that arise after reading the summary of the proposals for each site, you can contact us at the email firstname.lastname@example.org or through this form. We will answer you as soon as possible. We will also put at your disposal on this page the questions we receive, along with their answers, so that other participants can consult them.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS AN ANONYMOUS FORUM. DO NOT REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY.
- 1. What is the deadline for submitting the required documents?
All the documents can be uploaded on the competition website before March 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm (Madrid time). The registration platform will be enabled until then. You can also send any query taking into account this deadline.
- 2. Are there any visits organized to the site and buildings on which it is required to work?
Yes, several dates are set to visit the sites of Guadix and Olite. These dates are published in the Competition website
- 3. Who should select the “economic operator” option to complete the ESPD?
In this competition all teams must fill this document out by selecting “economic operator”. Therefore, all data related to the company, if applicable, or the personal data of the team representative, should be provided.
- 4. How do I have to fill in the ESPD?
a) Visit: https://ec.europa.eu/tools/espd/filter?lang=en
b) Select the economic operator profile
c) Select “Create response”
d) INFORMATION ABOUT THE PUBLICATION
Ad number in OJS: 2018 / S 247-570732
e) INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTRACTING PARTY
– Official Name: Ministerio de Fomento
f) INFOTMATION ABOUT THE CONTRACTING PROCEDURE
– Type of procedure: Open procedure
– Title: Richard H. Driehaus Jury Based Design Competition
– File Reference Number: 201800000132
g) INFORMATION ABOUT THE ECONOMIC OPERATOR
– Fill personal or company data
– Mark if it is a micro, small or medium-sized enterprise or if,on the contrary, it is not registered as such
– In the next two questions, mark “NO”
– In question e, “YES” should be answered
– If it is not a UTE, the next answer should be “no”
– Indicate the LOT (Municipality) to which it is presented
– Parts B, C and D, do not proceed
g) Next, it must be confirmed that none of the reasons for exclusion are incurred and that the participation requirements are met.
h)And finally download the file and sign it.
- 5. If I am a foreign architect, do I need to associate myself with a Spanish studio to participate?
No, it is not necessary.
- 6. What is the maximum number of members of each team?
Each team will have a maximum of 4 associate members, who will be considered authors of the project. In addition to this number, each team may have several collaborators, who are not considered coauthors of the project, but it is understood that they have contributed to its realization.
- 7. Can an architecture studio composed of five architects present themselves as the author of a project?
Yes, an architecture studio can be presented as the author of a project (a single economic operator in the DEUC) instead of the architects presenting themselves individually. If, on the contrary, the contestants prefer to appear as authors in a personal way, they would have to limit their number to four, which is the maximum number of authors allowed by the competition terms and conditions. The fifth architect would have to appear only as a collaborator.
- 8. When and how will the winning projects be announced?
The complete list of the winning teams will be published on the Public Service recruitment platform (www.contrataciondelestado.es) and also on the competition website on May 7, 2019.
- 9. Are you going to provide us with more documentation of the three areas of action?
No, all the available documentation is already on the website and can be downloaded by the contestants. There is no additional information.
- 10 – Regarding the budget, are there any set public prices?
There are no official reference prices. In any case, only a basic estimation of the main budget items is required.
- 11 – Will the proposals be built?
The winning projects are intended to be built. And for that purpose, among other criteria, the proposals should meet a feasibility in both technical and economic terms. In any case, this competition cannot guarantee their final implementation, which will depend on the local administrations, to whose disposition the winning proposals will remain.
- G1. Should we consider the restoration of the wall that encloses the citadel in the proposals?
The restoration of the wall is not the object of this contest, but of other projects that are being managed by the town hall.
- G2. Should we propose a solution for the square that is at the confluence of Muralla and Amezcua streets?
Yes, but proposing significant alterations in said confluence it is not considered a priority, unless their need is justified in accordance with the proposed project.
- G3. Regarding the action 1 “Urban adaptation of the external access to the medieval citadel”, can the housing of the Cruz de Piedra Street # 8 be included in this area, proposing its possible demolition? Or is it excluded for other reasons?
No, it is not possible. This property is outside the proposed scope of action.
- G4. What the sort of use should be proposed in the Palacio de los Saavedra, former minor seminar?
The intended use for this building is preferably hotel-parador or another similar sort of use
- G5. Are there any visits organized to the site and buildings of the former seminary and the citadel?
Yes, several dates are set to visit the site of Guadix:
January 18, 2019
January 26, 2019
Please, if you plan to join it, confirm your attendance through the email: email@example.com
- O1. Is it possible to create an underground parking?
No, it is not possible.
- O2. It is requested that the fronts of the empty lot on Villavieja Street be resolved. Does this refer only to the facades of a new building, or the entire building must be designed?
The main aim for that particular lot is to develop a design solution for its façades. Nevertheless, its interior layout must be considered too in order to provide a appropriate and viable design for them.
- O3. Are there any visits organized to the site and the interior of the cloister and church of San Pedro?
Yes, several dates are set to visit the site of Olite:
Saturday, 12 January 2019, (12:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, 16 January 2019 (12:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, 23 January 2019 (12:00 p.m.)
Saturday, 2 February 2019 (12:00 p.m.)
Please, if you plan to join it, confirm your attendance through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org